Saturday, 30 July 2016
Thursday, 28 July 2016
Today I spotted this wonderful, unique wedding on Pinterest and couldn't help but share!
I love this couple - the wedding is so wonderfully quirky, right down to the personalised embroidered jackets that the bridesmaids wear!
All photos via www.greenweddingshoes.com
I'm currently reading this book:
It's a pretty good read. Ken Done has led a fascinating life and I really like his tongue in cheek attitude to life. I was one of countless Australian children who had Ken Done bedding. This was my quilt cover as a child - part of Ken's famously successful bedding collaboration with Sheridan.
I also remember seeing this:
In 1988, Australia held the World Expo in Brisbane. My dad drove my best friend and I the 13 hours there and back to visit. Ken Done's Australia lettering is fantastic on the Australian pavilion. I was only 15 but I remember being amazed by the architecture on some of the pavilions.
Some of Ken Done's wonderfully colourful artwork. It was interesting to read in the book that he is very influenced by Matisse.
Tuesday, 26 July 2016
Monday, 25 July 2016
Sunday, 24 July 2016
Today's party idea is for a rad Sk8 party for girls!
This would be a gr8 idea for a tween girl's birthday party that isn't too girly, but is totally cool.
You could hold the party at home (or a friend's house with a half pipe!) or even outside at your local skate park.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Skateboarding girl via milkmagazine.net
2. Watermelon skateboard illustration - this would be an amazing invitation idea!
3. Skateboard cake via Pinterest, no link available.
4. SK8R muslin gift bags from www.etsy.com/au/shop/MadHatterPartyBox
5. Skatepark inspiration via www.minimoda.es
Friday, 22 July 2016
Wednesday, 20 July 2016
Following on from Stylevise's great picks that they used to do, I thought I'd pick out a couple of items that I thought were very cool for those folk in the Northern Hemisphere who'll soon be thinking about going back to school.
5 cool things to help get you sorted for Back to School!
Clockwise from top left;
1. Vera Bradley folders - http://pin.it/YbXlqb2
2. Woof Simply Awesome pencil case - http://pin.it/c1u0WRo
3. Wildkin horses backpack - http://pin.it/zWX5EkQ
4. Bobo Choses socks - http://pin.it/imJ_fvd
5. (Centre) Good thing desk caddy - http://pin.it/i_kJtS3
Monday, 18 July 2016
Over on Pinterest I've been lusting over some very pretty bathrooms, particularly the tiles.
There are some seriously stylish bathrooms out there and it's lovely to see lots of colour and texture, rather than white-on-white.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Coloured chevron tiles via insideout.com.au
2. via designmilk.com
3. via lunchboxarchitecture.com
4. via contemporarytiles.se
5. via houseofturquoise.com
6. via desiretoinspire.com
Friday, 15 July 2016
In love with the street art and murals of Mexican artist Saner.
He hails from Mexico City and grew up expressing himself through graffiti in the 1990s.